Monday 28 September 2015

The crocodile with a show stopping smile...

Last weekend we took the kids to the Royal Melbourne Show. If you can get over the crowds (I hate crowds) and if you aren't paying for rides, showbags or food, it's pretty good! It all winds up tomorrow for this year, so get your skates on if you want to visit.

Kiddie Rides at the Melbourne Show

I would probably have to go to the show sans children to be able to spend the time I'd like to in the craft and cookery pavilion. We did get to visit the pavilion however, all because I had entered Miles the Crocodile (see previous post) in the Royal Children's Hospital Cuddly Toy Class.

Exhibits in the Craft and Cookery Pavilion

The toys entered in this section get judged, they are displayed, and then donated to the Royal Children's Hospital when the show is over. I was pretty excited to make something for the show that would go on display. I was also pretty excited that it would then go to a child in hospital who was no doubt in need of cheering up.

Toys on display - Spot Miles!
The most excited I got was when my husband found him on display and called to me to come quickly and look look! Miles had a ribbon... Second prize. I then started calling to the boys to come and look. 'Mummy's won second prize!'. They didn't much care, Arthur (almost three) wanted to liberate Miles from behind the glass and Felix wandered off.


I looked around with a goofy grin on my face to see who else was amazed by my awesome knitting prowess. I was met with a cold stare from an elderly lady standing at a nearby podium surrounded by a small audience. I think she was attempting to describe the correct density of a fruitcake, and perhaps my enthusiasm may have caused some interruption.

Hooray for Miles!
Who cares?! I have a ribbon and now I am hooked! I'll be entering again next year, blue ribbon all the way baby!


What's the most excited you've been about something you've made?

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your second place ribbon! Miles looked rather pleased with himself as well!
    carolyn from Canada
    mylady@nbnet.nb.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carolyn. Just between you and me, Miles always believed he was in with a pretty good chance. These Crocodiles have a lot of self confidence!

      Delete