Monday 2 March 2015

Getting a little ahead of myself - Handmade Challenge 2016?!!

It is the first week of March, and no I am not crossing another item off my Handmade Challenge List, I am starting a whole new list for 2016?! 

I should really prove to myself that I can get the original 12 made first, but I just can't help myself. So what's on my list so far? 

Tree Change Dollls by Sonia Singh

You may have heard of Tasmanian Mum and artist Sonia Singh who has started something amazing called;
Tree change dolls. Sonia has been 'rescuing' dolls from op shops and giving them a 'make-under', making them look like actual normal people and dressing them in the most adorable outfits that her mum makes! She's encouraging others to give it a go too. I cannot paint, I did terribly in art at high school, however I'm not going to let that stop me from trying. I've been keeping an eye out at my local op shop, but haven't come across a doll that needs rescuing yet.


Resin Bracelets from Pip and the Sea
Another item I'd like to have a go at making is Resin Jewellery. Nicola from Pip and the Sea makes lovely eco-resin pieces, and while there is no way I could make anything as adorable as she does, I have discovered that there are classes where you can learn to make your own, so why not give it a shot, and when someone says to me, 'my that's an... interesting ring you are wearing' I can say 'I made it myself!'


I do have to complete 2 more items on my list very very soon for Sophie's party. The kids have actually helped to make the base for item number 2, the Heart Shaped Pinata. It's the decorating that's not quite going according to plan.

Pinata in Progress; many hands make messy work!

You may have noticed that so far, I have totally avoided any items on my list that require sewing. I am so scared of the sewing, and there are 4 items that need sewing. Oh me oh my... It's only March, but we've arrived here very quickly. How are you going with your list?

Don't forget to share your handmade creations. If you're having trouble sharing via the blog, email me so that I can share for you, or if you're on Facebook, you can share there.


I have to get back to knitting, a baby arrived today and I haven't finished her present yet (not on the list). The baby beat me!

2 comments:

  1. I saw those tree change dolls and they were fab, I think I might have to have a look out for some too x P.S don't be scared of the sewing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how you get on Tracy if you do find a doll to Tree Change. I'd love to see it. Thank you for the confidence booster with the sewing! I will get there, eventually.

      Delete