I'm hoping you had a lovely Christmas. We have thoroughly enjoyed ourselves here over the festive season, and I felt it was a good time to launch My Handmade Adventure's 2015 Handmade Challenge.
The rules are simple, I challenge you to;
1. Make a list 12 things that you have really been itching to make. That allows one month for each item, it doesn't even matter if it takes you an hour to make something on the list. 12 items, that's all.
2. Make all 12 of them before December 31st 2015!
Challenge accepted? Comment below with your list of 12 things, or post a link to your list, mine's on Pinterest too, a very easy way to make a list. I'd love to have you play along. You don't need to do them in order, and they don't need to be tricky or time consuming, just handmade.
I know there will be plenty of other things I will make and will want to make, however these are the things I must make in order to triumphantly complete The 2015 Handmade Challenge;
1. Jo Sharp Bolero; for me! I've had the pattern sitting and waiting for 12 months or more. As it's something for me, it keeps going on the back burner. 2015 is the year it will come into being.
2. Heart Shaped Pinata; For the little lady's first birthday. We're going to throw a ripper of a shindig after she's over her last cardiac surgery, so smashing a giant heart seems appropriate!
3. Play Tea Bags; These are on a French website, however they look easy enough to figure
out. I'm sure I can manage some for the kiddies kitchen.
4. Easter Bunny Egg Cosy; These were on my
to do list last Easter, lets see if they magically appear for Easter 2015.
5. Kids Reversible Fabric Apron Kit; A Christmas
gift from my mum. It's a size 2-3 and Sophie won't be 2 until December 2015... A good excuse to get out my sewing machine.
6. Card Table Tent. I have the card tables, I have the pattern and the
sewing machine. All I need is to pick a theme and get to work...Probably
should get some fabric too.
7. Crochet Cake Kit by Suzanne Houghton Designs. This was
a Christmas gift from my husband (after a hint!) an incentive to get me
8. Baby Cardi pattern from Bendigo Woollen Mills. I've had the wool and pattern sitting
there for probably six months now. It's time to get knitting on this
9. Crochet fruit buddies, adorable! From Mollie
Makes issue 44. Pattern is sitting in the drawer, I have more crochet hooks than I can point a knitting needle at, and I will, I will
10. Heart cookies. I really want to have a good crack at some fancy royal icing on cookies for the heart themed Birthday.
11. Fabric dollhouse tutorial by UK lass in US. There are so many different
things you could do with this one. I am a bit scared about tackling it,
but am determined to give it a go.
12. Snowflake Christmas Tree Skirt Tutorial by katbaro. We didn't use our Christmas tree skirt in 2014, it's pretty naff. Fluorescent red with a
few ironed on snowflakes. It's time we classed up Christmas.
So watch this space and watch out 2015! You can join in at any time, all you have to do is make your list and get making. Good luck.