Saturday 8 November 2014

Never look a gift horse in the mouth

Pool Noodle Sock Horse!

This is a little project that I made for Felix for his second birthday. It came about because he was 'riding' around on broom sticks in the backyard saying "giddyup", so I figured he'd like one.

I had seen some amazing DIY hobby horses on Pinterest, however as my sewing skills (still) leave a lot to be desired, I didn't bother attempting. I also found plenty of pool noodle horse tutorials, which weren't quite the look I was going for. So I combined the best of both worlds, to the best of my ability, with the help of this tutorial from Dandee Designs.

The end product was an almost no sew, quite sturdy horse, which is still (mostly) in one piece and being ridden around as I type.

I've written up a little 'how to' below for the pool noddle sock combination, or you can download the PDF. I sure would love to see more Pool Noodle Sock Horses getting around, yeeha!





1 comment: