Thursday 15 October 2015

Handmade Challenge - October Update

Okay, nobody freak out, but I have actually sewn something, and it is actually on the challenge list! Hooray! 


Apron Sewn by Me!

I finally made the child's apron for Sophie from The Haby Goddess Kit. It's not the best sewing job I will confess, however I'm pretty certain it's not going to fall apart, so gold star to me!

I was nearly able to say that I managed to sew the entire thing and not swear at the sewing machine once. However, with less than 10cm to sew on one of the straps, the bobbin ran out. Then the troubles began...


Close-up
Anxious to get sewing again, I then spent 10 minutes swearing at the sewing machine for stuffing everything up. It was in fact I, in my haste, who had failed to re-thread the machine properly. Sorry sewing machine, I hope you will forgive me.

Now that I have the sewing machine out and going, I am pretty keen to sew things, the only issue being time...


A little Birthday Make
Time to blog, time to make for birthdays and Christmas, time to run my little business, I should also probably cook, clean and look after the children in there somewhere too!

I still have 4 things remaining on my Handmade Challenge List, which feels as though it may as well be 400. As I write, there are apparently only 71 sleeps until Christmas... I have a feeling I'll be sleeping less!



What have you been making? Share so we can all see!

No comments:

Post a Comment